PENGEMBANGAN MODEL PEMBELAJARAN PENDIDIKAN MATEMATIKA REALISTIK INDONESIA (PMRI) UNTUK MENINGKATKAN KETERTARIKAN BELAJAR MATEMATIKA
This study aims to increase students' interest in learning mathematics. Based on the results of the pre-study, it was found that students were less interested in mathematics learning. This is caused by several factors including (1) mathematics learning so far generally lacks opportunities for students to develop strategic thinking skills, teachers only emphasize students to memorize all formulas or concepts without understanding their meanings, (2) learning is centered to the teacher (the use of lecture methods in mathematics learning) so that students are only used as learning objects, (3) in learning teachers rarely deliver material in real forms but only in abstract form. Therefore the learning series is designed using the Indonesian Realistic Mathematics Education (PMRI) learning approach to answer the phenomena that occur in pre-research. This study is a qualitative descriptive study. Subjects in this study were students of grade VII-A SMP Negeri 1 Pulau Morotai, North Maluku Province which numbered 25 people. The instruments used in this study were tests and interviews of teachers and students. The results showed that after the PMRI learning model was applied students felt interested and could improve mathematical knowledge and could also increase students' activeness in delivering ideas. For example, students dare to interact and negotiate between students and students and between students and teachers during the learning process. In addition, the PMRI learning approach can also reduce the level of abstractness of students in solving mathematical problems. This kind of thing does not happen to the learning by the mathematics teacher before. As a suggestion for teachers, in mathematics learning teachers should be able to connect the real world with mathematics learning because that can facilitate students to solve mathematical problems, and can increase students' interest in learning mathematics
Arikunto, S. 2006. Prosedur Penelitian Suatu Pendekatan Praktek . Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Departemen Pendidikan Nasional. 2015. Kamus Besar Bahasa Indonesia Pusat Bahasa. Cetakan kesembilan Edisi IV. Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Eka, Kurnia & Ridwan. 2015. Penelitian Pendidikan Matematika. Bandung: Refika Aditama.
Hamalik, O. 2010. Proses Belajar Mengajar. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
Hadi. S. 2005. Pembelajaran Matematika Realistik dan Implementasinya. Banjarmasin: Tulip
Marpaung, Y. 2009. Karakteristik Pendidikan Matematika realistik Indonesia (PMRI). Disampaikan Saat Diklat Enhancing Mathematics Learning in Primary School using Realistic Mathematics Education. Yogyakarta: SEAMEO Regional Center for QITEP in Mathematics.
Nur dkk. 2000. Pengajaran Berpusat kepada Siswa dan Pendekatan Konstruktivis dalam Pengajaran. Surabaya: UNESA.
Polya, George. 1957. How to Solve It. 2nd ed. Princeton University Press. ISBN 0-691-08097-6.
Shaleh, A Rahman dan Muhbid Abdul Wahab. 2004. Psikologi SuatuPengantar Dalam Persepsi Islam: Jakarta.
Slameto. 2003. Belajar Dan Faktor-Faktor Yang Mempengaruhinya. PT.Rineka Cipta : Jakarta.
Soedjadi, R. 2000. Kiat Pendidikan Matematika di Indonesia (Konstalasi Keadaan Masa Kini Menuju Harapan Masa Depan). Jakarta: deraktorat Jendral Pendidikan Tinggi.
Soemanto. 2012. Psikologi Pendidikan (Landasan Kerja Pemimpin Pendidikan). Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Suherman dkk. 2003. Strategi Pembelajaran Matematika Kontemporer. Bandung: UPI.
Van den Hauvel-Panhuizen, M. 2003. The Didactical Use Of Model In Realistic Mathematic Education. Educational Studies in Mathematical. 54: 9-35.
Wijaya, Ariyadi. 2012. Pendidikan Matematika Realistik: Suatu Alternatif Pendekatan Pembelajaran Matematika. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu
Copyright (c) 2018 Akmal Hi Dahlan
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read JUPITEK Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika Posting Your Article Policy.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with JUPITEK Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.