EKSPLORASI ETNOMATEMATIKA TERHADAP TRANSFORMASI GEOMETRI PADA BATIK MALEFO
Abstract mathematical concepts require using objects around the student's environment to make mathematical concepts more concrete. One of the objects around that can be used is a cultural object. In particular, the approach that links mathematics with culture is the ethnomathematical approach. This study explores the ethnomathematics of the geometric transformation material on malefo batik, a typical batik of Ternate City. This type of research is qualitative research with an ethnographic approach. Data was collected using literature study, observation, interview, and documentation methods. The subject of this research is the owner of the Malefo batik gallery. The data obtained in this study came from direct observation, interviews with research subjects, and document results. The results of the study found that the motifs used in malefo batik can be a concrete example of the types of geometric transformations, namely the translational type of geometric transformation on the clove and machete flower arrangement batik motifs, the type of reflection on the clove flower motif, nutmeg, salawaku, parang and coconut flowers, the type of dilatation in the dodia batik motif, as well as the rotation type in the clove and clove flower motifs. The examples represented in Malefo batik can then be recommended as an alternative learning media to understand the material of geometric transformation better
Lutvaidah, U. (2016). Pengaruh metode dan pendekatan pembelajaran terhadap penguasaan konsep matematika. Formatif: Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan MIPA, 5(3).http://dx.doi.org/10.30998/formatif.v5i3.653
Kadir, A. (2013). Konsep pembelajaran kontekstual di sekolah. Dinamika Ilmu: Jurnal Pendidikan, 13(1). https://doi.org/10.21093/di.v13i1.20
Yanti, D., Fauziah, A., & Friansah, D. (2017). Pengaruh model pembelajaran kontekstual terhadap kemampuan koneksi matematika siswa kelas X SMA Negeri 4 Lubuklinggau Tahun Pelajaran 2015/2016. Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika Raflesia, 2(2). https://doi.org/10.31186/jpmr.v2i2.3698
Ramdani, E. (2018). Model pembelajaran kontekstual berbasis kearifan lokal sebagai penguatan pendidikan karakter. JUPIIS: Jurnal Pendidikan Ilmu-Ilmu Sosial, 10(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.24114/jupiis.v10i1.8264
Fitriatien, S. R. (2016). Pembelajaran berbasis etnomatematika. In Conference Paper. December.
Hardiarti, S. (2017). Etnomatematika: Aplikasi Bangun Datar Segiempat pada Candi Muaro Jambi. Aksioma, 8(2), 99-110. https://doi.org/10.26877/aks.v8i2.1707
Huda, N. T. (2018). Etnomatematika Pada Bentuk Jajanan Pasar di Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta. JNPM (Jurnal Nasional Pendidikan Matematika), 2(2), 217-232. http://dx.doi.org/10.33603/jnpm.v2i2.870
Lydiati, I. (2020). Peningkatan Koneksi Matematis Pada Materi Transformasi Geometri Menggunakan Strategi Pembelajaran React Berbantuan Media Motif Batik Kelas XI IPS 1 SMA Negeri 7 Yogyakarta. Ideguru: Jurnal Karya Ilmiah Guru, 5(1), 25-33. https://doi.org/10.51169/ideguru.v5i1.109
Yanti, D., & Haji, S. (2019). Studi Tentang Konsep-Konsep Transformasi Geometri Pada Kain Besurek Bengkulu. JNPM (Jurnal Nasional Pendidikan Matematika), 3(2), 265-280. http://dx.doi.org/10.33603/jnpm.v3i2.1744
Edi, S. (2021, May). Eksplorasi Konten Transformasi Geometri Berbasis Etnomatematika Pakaian Adat Suku Dayak Kenyah. In Prosiding Seminar Pendidikan Matematika dan Matematika (Vol. 3). https://doi.org/10.21831/pspmm.v3i0.137
Hariastuti, R. M. (2018). Kajian Konsep-Konsep Geometris Dalam Rumah Adat Using Banyuwangi Sebagai Dasar Pengembangan Pembelajaran Kontekstual Berbasis Etnomatematika. Aksioma, 7(1), 13-21. https://doi.org/10.22487/aksioma.v7i1.177
Copyright (c) 2022 Ariestha Widyastuty Bustan, Munazat Salmin, Taufan Talib
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika (Jupitek) Posting Your Article Policy.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities â€“ tacitly or explicitly â€“ of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika (Jupitek) agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.