PENERAPAN MODEL PEMBELAJARAN KOOPERATIF TIPE THINK PAIR SQUARE (TPSq) UNTUK MENINGKATKAN HASIL BELAJAR SISWA KELAS VII SMPN 4 KOTA BENGKULU
This research aimed to investigate the implementation of cooperative learning model in the type of Think Pair Square (TPSq) in order to improve students’ achievement. The design of the research was a Classroom Action Research with the techniques of collecting the data were through the observation sheet of students’ learning activities and summative test. The subject of the research were the 1st grade students of SMPN 4 Bengkulu City academic year of 2018/2019 with total amount of students were 32 consist of 16 males and 16 females students. The research was conducted in three cycles from 7th September 2018 until 13 October 2018. The result of the research showed that the implementation of cooperative learning model type Think Pair Square improved students’ achievement in Mathematic. Students’ learning activities were improved by giving the students work sheet that contains a completion process so that facilitate students in working on the students work sheet, appreciating the student with applause after they delivered their opinion, and dividing students in heterogenous groups based on their academic skills. The improvement on students’ achievement can be seen from the increasing on the mean of students’ scores from first cycle to third cycle namely: 74.35; 79.91; 81.14 and the percentage of classical learning completeness from first cycle to third cycle is : 76.67%; 83.33%; 93.33%.
Arikunto, S. dkk. 2008. Penelitian Tindakan Kelas. Jakarta: PT Bumi Aksara.
Daryanto. 2011. Penelitian Tindakan Kelas dan Penelitian Tindakan Sekolah. Yogyakarta: Gava Media.
Utami, Nita P. dkk. 2014. Kemampuan Penalaran Matematis Siswa Kelas XI IPA SMAN 2 Painan Melalui Penerapan Pembelajaran Think Pair Square. UNP, 3 (1): 7-12.
Sudijono, Anas. 2011. Pengantar Evaluasi Pendidikan. Jakarta : Rajawali Pers.
Copyright (c) 2019 Shelly Trihasari, Saleh Haji
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
In submitting the manuscript to the journal, the authors certify that:
- They are authorized by their co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- The work described has not been formally published before, except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, review, thesis, or overlay journal. Please also carefully read JUPITEK Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika Posting Your Article Policy.
- That it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- That its publication has been approved by all the author(s) and by the responsible authorities – tacitly or explicitly – of the institutes where the work has been carried out.
- They secure the right to reproduce any material that has already been published or copyrighted elsewhere.
- They agree to the following license and copyright agreement.
Authors who publish with JUPITEK Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.